Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Stop Unwanted Bookmarks in PDF rendering
mrab
I have a report that I am able to render in PowerPoint, but need to be able to render as a PDF. When rendering as a PDF, it is generating bookmarks that don't work and aren't wanted. I tried deleting the Table of Contents item expression, but the report just comes back with no details. I have attached the report and would appreciate any help.
Thanks!
Michele
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you recreate your issue with the sample database so I can run the report?
mrab
<span style='font-family: Arial'>I have been unable to figure out how to duplicate this problem in the sample database. Maybe I could just explain what I?m doing and you could help me do that?<br />
<br />
I am using two different databases: inventory and performance. I need to provide daily performance statistics for computers/LPAR?s (logical partitions) in our area. <br />
<br />
I have three different database tables:<br />
1) LPAR?s by name (inventory database)<br />
This gives us the correct list of LPAR?s that are in our scope<br />
2) CPU performance metrics by LPAR name and timestamp (performance database)<br />
The query on this table pulls back a row for each metric (about 285 rows for the daily metrics per LPAR)<br />
3) CPU processors by LPAR name and timestamp (performance database)<br />
This query averages the metrics for the day so we?re getting back one row per LPAR<br />
<br />
<br />
What I want to show on the report is:<br />
1) LPAR name<br />
2) The average of the CPU utilized for the day<br />
This involves getting the average of the metrics in #2 above and dividing by #3 above.<br />
3) The number of times the CPU utilized during the day was between 60% and 75%.<br />
This and the next two columns are what force me to pull back all the data in #2 up above.<br />
4) The number of times the CPU utilized during the day was between 75% and 90%.<br />
5) The number of times the CPU utilized during the day was higher than 90%.<br />
<br />
My understanding with BIRT is that I can only bind the table in the report to one dataset. For that I reason, I have joined all three of the tables listed above on LPAR name. I ended up with a joint dataset that joins a joint dataset and a regular dataset.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help!<br />
Michele</span>
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay. We've had some site maintenance going on the last couple days. Any way you could show me some sample data in a CSV file or something that I can use to run your above report?
mrab
I wasn't permitted to upload csv files, so the attached files are tab-delimited text files. There isn't much data in them so if you need more, please let me know. Also, if you need data for the joint data sets, let me know that as well.
I appreciate all your help.
Michele
mwilliams
In PDF, when I run with the .tsv data, I don't see any extra bookmarks. There are 3 groups in the report and 3 functional bookmarks in the PDF. If you go to the group editor and remove the item expression for the group, the PDF bookmarks to not show up at all. When you set up the report with the files you provided, do you see the issue?