Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Shadow around pictures
Linda_prov
Hi,
happy new year to everyone :-)
One little question: is it possible to add a shadow instead of a border around elements like pictures, lists, tables...?
I already imported a css style which includes defined shadows, but unfortunately I didn?t manage to use them.
Any ideas how to solve this little challenge?
Or is it possible to create a shadow within birt without css?
Regards
Linda
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
My guess is that the CSS shadow feature isn't available in BIRT, though, I could be wrong. You could use a grid to surround the image and size the columns of the grid and merge cells to get the right setup, and then use background coloring of the appropriate cells to make it appear that the image has a shadow. That's the best way I can think of. Just using two sides of the border probably wouldn't give you the look you want.
Linda_prov
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>My guess is that the CSS shadow feature isn't available in BIRT [..]</p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
thanks for your answer.<br />
That?s what I suspected, but I hoped to be proven wrong.<br />
<br />
Kind regards<br />
Linda
mwilliams
I did end up making a pretty decent shadow effect with the above solution, btw.