Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to Overide Default XLS Emitter in Maximo?
brent70
Hi all,
We are using free BIRT reports which come with Maximo version 7.5. The current XLS export functionality does not meet our current requirements. As a result, we have been looking at ways to customise the XLS output. I have been able to use the Tribex XLS emitter instead of the default BIRT XLS emitter and this seems to do the trick ;-) However, this is currently only working when I run the report in the BIRT designer. I do not know how to deploy this new Tribix XLS emitter to Maximo, so that when I run the report in Maximo, I am able to make use of the new Tribix emitter functionality.
If anyone has any idea how to do this, I would be extremely grateful.
Many Thanks,
Brent
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
micajblock
Below is a blog post on how to use a different emitter.
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2011/07/replacing-default-birt-xls-emitter.html
HOWEVER, I do not think this will work with Maximo as Maximo controls the BIRT deployment. Another choice is to use the BIRT iServer via ERI. The commercial emitter exports Excel Charts, formulas, and pivot tables (for cross-tabs).