Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Values by month
Tinwolf
Hello there, new boy here.
I`ve already done a few fairly simple BIRT reports but I`m trying to get a bit more cleverer
I`m trying to design a report which will group sales values for customers into months.
I have all the data required but I need to sum the sales for a customer into monthly values, ideally I`d have the customers down the left side and the month names across the top with the values in a grid like a cross tab query display but it`s the values I`m trying to do first.
The values I have are by date.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is the reason for not using a crosstab?
Tinwolf
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="93777" data-time="1325886173" data-date="06 January 2012 - 02:42 PM"><p>
What is the reason for not using a crosstab?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I didn`t know such a thing was possible in BIRT.<br />
<br />
I apologise for not researching this but now I`ve started playing with cubes (which I`ve not touched before and wasn`t mentioned in the training I`ve had) I may well have found out how to do the summaries I`m after.
mwilliams
Awesome! Let me know if you run into issues!
Tinwolf
I`ve got the crosstab report showing the data I`m after but I know there`s a way to have the month display as Jan Feb etc instead of 1 2 3 because I found some information on how to do that when I was looking for ways of creating a cross tab type result but I can`t find the instructions any more can anyone remind me please?
Yogesh Maharwade
there are two ways to do this, in query side and in report layout
in report layout select data field, go to the map property ,there you have to add your expression like
1 equal to 'JAN'
2 equal to 'FEB'....and so on.
Regards
Tinwolf
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'piwya'" data-cid="94271" data-time="1327064667" data-date="20 January 2012 - 06:04 AM"><p>
there are two ways to do this, in query side and in report layout <br />
in report layout select data field, go to the map property ,there you have to add your expression like <br />
1 equal to 'JAN'<br />
2 equal to 'FEB'....and so on.<br />
<br />
<br />
Regards<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
That of course works, thanks a lot I really appreciate the response
Yogesh Maharwade
You're welcome...glad to help you..
Tinwolf
Another question about crosstabs and months which I`ve tried searching for and can`t seem to find.
I want all months to appear whether there is data for the month or not, I`ve found the empty rows/columns section in the property (I`m not sure if that`s the part I need) but the show empty columns is greyed out.
mwilliams
You'll need to create a dataSet that has a row for each month and join this dataSet with your actual dataSet so that your cube dataSet has all of the months represented.