Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Alternating Page Sequence
afp
Good evening.
The feature called "Alternating Page Sequence" seems not to be implemented in v3.7.
So, how can I coax Birt to leave space for hole punch on a double-sided print?
I.e. when the output format is PDF, I want:
- odd pages with a left margin of 1 inch
- even pages with a right margin of 1 inch
(For other formats (XLS/HTML), the standard margin of 0.25 inches is used.)
Is there a way I can achieve this?
Thank you, and have a most excellent weekend.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Unfortunately, masterpages cannot be switched based on page. Hopefully this feature will be implemented soon. You could go to the bugzilla and find the enhancement request for this and vote on it. If you can't find it, file another. I'll work and see if I can find a way to get around this.
afp
Much appreciated.
I'll see if I can find a bug and vote on it.
My only solution so far is to have a separate MasterPage with 1in margins on both sides when creating PDF's for printing.
It's a waste though and every millimeter is precious when trying to cramp in more columns.
mwilliams
If you find the enhancement request, post the info in here so that anyone else who stumbles upon this thread can vote for it.
mwilliams
Take a look at this workaround. I put my data elements into a grid with sized columns within my table detail row. I sized the columns with enough space left over to leave extra space for the grid to move from left to right in the table detail cell based on the page number. Let me know if you have questions.