Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Create Web Service for birt datasource
sthien
Hi,
I have read a lot of example on how to create a webservice datasource in birt on the internet. Right now i would like to write/create my own web service for my birt report which returns a set of data as a datasource in the report. Most of the examples on the internet show how to create a simple webservice that returns a String. How do i write my web service so that it will return a set of data like below so that i can map my row mapping to <employee> tag and column mapping to <name> and <age> tag?
<employees>
<employee>
<name>John</name>
<age>40</age>
</employee>
<employee>
<name>Jimmy</name>
<age>30</age>
</employee>
</employees>
Do you have any example that i can refer to?
Thanks,
Sthien
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JanaF
Hi Sthien,
I know your post is over 2 years old but I wondered whether you found a solution for your problem? I want to create a webService data soruce myself and was wondering whether you found some examples I can refer to.
Thank you in advance!