Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Viewer error
sayandip
Hi,
I have used a .xls sheet as my datasource and designed a report using the eclipse designer. The report is visible when I'm using the Eclipse preview but not showing up on the Report Viewer.
I have pasted the jxl.jar into the birt\WEB-INF\lib folder.
I'm using Birt 3.7 and Tomcat 6.0.18.
Can anybody please help me?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you post the report? Are you using a scripted data source to get the xls?
Jason
sayandip
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="93857" data-time="1326209087" data-date="10 January 2012 - 08:24 AM"><p>
Can you post the report? Are you using a scripted data source to get the xls?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Jason,<br />
<br />
Thank you so much for your reply. <br />
<br />
Yes I've used a scripted data source to get the xls. I've followed the steps mentioned in <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/birt-using-xls-as-data-source.html.'>http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2011/05/birt-using-xls-as-data-source.html.</a><br
/>
<br />
I've attached the report named new_report.rptdesign.<br />
<br />
Jason I've also developed the the report using two different methods described in the processes: <br />
<br />
1)<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1426-birt-spreadsheet-data-source-excel-972011-and-openoffice/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1426-birt-spreadsheet-data-source-excel-972011-and-openoffice/</a><br
/>
<br />
2)<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1415-microsoft-excel-data-source/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1415-microsoft-excel-data-source/</a><br
/>
<br />
but I've still been unsuccessful in viewing the report using the report viewer although the Eclipse preview shows me the report. I've added all the necessary jars to the birt/WEB-INF/lib folder.<br />
<br />
<br />
For the previous two cases I'm getting an Exception. I've attached the stack trace for that exception in Stack_trace.txt<br />
<br />
Please help me out on this. <br />
<br />
Thanks and regards.
CBR
Hi sayandip,
i m the developer of
1)
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1426-birt-spreadsheet-data-source-excel-972011-and-openoffice/
Unfortunately i m not sure about the stack trace you get when executing the report using this plugin because the stack trace you provided belongs to the second one.
The error you are getting is saying that you try to execute the plugin code with a java version lower then 1.6 (i m assuming that you have 1.5 installed). My plugin is compiled using java 1.6 and therefore doesn't run using java 1.5 (you will get the error you attached).
Can you check the java version your server is using?
The reason why it is working in the preview is that the Eclipse BIRT Designer seems to run using a java 1.6 on your machine.
Thanks for the hint...i will definetly add this to the documentation of my plugin. I forgot to mention that java 1.6 is required when writing it.
If you prefer to use the scripted data source there is an excellent tutorial on Jasons webpage:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-21T21:11:00-07:00&max-results=7
Let me know which way you want to go...i can compile my plugin using 1.5 (it is not usiung 1.6 specific features) if you can not upgrade to java 1.6.
sayandip
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cbrell'" data-cid="93916" data-time="1326278010" data-date="11 January 2012 - 03:33 AM"><p>
Hi sayandip,<br />
<br />
i m the developer of<br />
1)<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1426-birt-spreadsheet-data-source-excel-972011-and-openoffice/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1426-birt-spreadsheet-data-source-excel-972011-and-openoffice/</a><br
/>
<br />
Unfortunately i m not sure about the stack trace you get when executing the report using this plugin because the stack trace you provided belongs to the second one.<br />
The error you are getting is saying that you try to execute the plugin code with a java version lower then 1.6 (i m assuming that you have 1.5 installed). My plugin is compiled using java 1.6 and therefore doesn't run using java 1.5 (you will get the error you attached).<br />
Can you check the java version your server is using?<br />
<br />
The reason why it is working in the preview is that the Eclipse BIRT Designer seems to run using a java 1.6 on your machine.<br />
<br />
Thanks for the hint...i will definetly add this to the documentation of my plugin. I forgot to mention that java 1.6 is required when writing it.<br />
<br />
If you prefer to use the scripted data source there is an excellent tutorial on Jasons webpage: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-21T21:11:00-07:00&max-results=7'>http://birtworld.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-06-21T21:11:00-07:00&max-results=7</a><br
/>
<br />
Let me know which way you want to go...i can compile my plugin using 1.5 (it is not usiung 1.6 specific features) if you can not upgrade to java 1.6.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Cbrell,<br />
<br />
Thank you so much for your reply.You are bang on with your explanation!<br />
<br />
My server is indeed using Java 1.5! I have upgraded to Java 1.6 and it is working fine now. <br />
<br />
Thank you Cbrell once again.<br />
<br />
Regards.