Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with the PlatformConfig
bmario
Hello again.
Recently I've been asked to centralize the reports and since I did that the application throws exceptions when trying to do this:
PlatformConfig platformConfig = new PlatformConfig();
try {
Platform.startup(platformConfig);
} //rest of catch code
We have 2 projects, project A which could be seen as the frontend application where the user ask for a report to be generated, sending the request to project B where all the BIRT related classes and code are. Both projects have in their buildpath all of the BIRT's .jars needed. Project A makes the request through the interface of a service in project B.
In project B there are some classes that encapsulate all of the logic to generate a report. Those classes can be instantiated in project A as well.
Before I was asked to make this change, the classes were instantiated in project A and thus the Platform.startup(platformConfig) was executed on this side of the client-server architecture without any problem at all, but soon after I moved that logic to the server the exceptions began. So far it seems like if it can't find the BIRT's .jars and/or eclipse's plugins, even though the classpaths haven't been changed.
Does anyone have an idea about what could be wrong?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bmario
If is of any help, the application is in java and this is part of the stacktrace I get:
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/CoreException
bmario
Well, it seems that the problem was in the deployment, since Project B is a .ear in the JBoss server I needed to put all of the jars in the BIRT's lib folder into the server's own lib folder, directly in the root and not inside another folder (like birt-3_7_0). So far so good.