Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Oracle-Ds file in Birt
Aarika S S
Hi,
I have to configure Oracle-ds(.xml file) file in my birt.It contains username,pwd and dbase url.
When I try to configure .xml file using "Create from connection profile in the profile store" option and select the xml file from my directory, it shows error "Select the connection profile from which to create a data source".I use ojdbc14.jar and Oracle JDBC connection.My requirement is to take the dbase details(username and pwd and url) from Oracle-Ds file,every time the birt report runs.
Please help me to configure ds file within birt(version-2.6.2).
Thanks,
Aarika
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Was this file Oracle-ds(.xml ? created with using the connection profile wizard?
Jason
Aarika S S
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="93954" data-time="1326315732" data-date="11 January 2012 - 02:02 PM"><p>
Was this file Oracle-ds(.xml ? created with using the connection profile wizard?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
Aarika S S
Yes.It is an xml file.t Contains the dbase details such as Database url,username and pwd.
My requirement is to fetch these details from this xml every time when I modify birt.By configuring this xml,I have to change the xml file,incase pwd is changed for dbase.
how can I configure it in birt?..
RSiegler
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Aarika S S'" data-cid="93968" data-time="1326341521" data-date="11 January 2012 - 09:12 PM"><p>
Yes.It is an xml file.t Contains the dbase details such as Database url,username and pwd.<br />
My requirement is to fetch these details from this xml every time when I modify birt.By configuring this xml,I have to change the xml file,incase pwd is changed for dbase.<br />
<br />
how can I configure it in birt?..<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Aarika, are you meaning how to configure a database connection file in the BIRT iServer for JDBC connections?<br />
That way you can just use a standard name in the BIRT reports for the data source and it will be overwritten by whatever is in that file when actually connecting, so you can change the file and it will affect all reports?