Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pass parameters to hyperlink report
Dave O
I have a summary report with a series of facilities and summary data about each. I have defined the facility field as a hyperlink to a detail report. i need to pass parametes from the master report (staff id, start date, end date) and the specific facility ID of the facility selected to the detail report. All of the data is in the view.
I can't find documentation on how to format the call to pass the parameters.
Everything I have tried uses the default parameters in the parameter definition.
i am using 2.6.1 with views in MSSQL.
Thank you for any ideas.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi Dave,
You should use a drill through hyperlink to achieve this.
Select the datafield on your report, go to the hyperlink properties and choose "drill through". Now you can select a target report and select the parameters and their values.
Hope this helps
Hans
Dave O
Hans,
Thanks for the response. What you suggest is what I have been trying to get to work for me. I'll keep trying variations - i'll create a simpler target and try to work up to my more complex one. Unless anyone has any other suggestions.
Dave
Hans_vd
So you can select the parameters of the target report in the Hyperlink dialog and bind them to the table data fields, but it doesn't work?
Regards
Hans
Dave O
I haven't done anything beyond selecting the parameters from the list to bind the parameters passed from the master report.
The target report is used by individual facilities to examine their data. I am trying to get the parent corporation to be able to execute the same report after reviewing the summary data from several facilities, and see the detail of one facility of interest. The parameters are the same in both the corporate level and facility level.
The facility report is called by the hyperlink, but it runs using the default parameters. I need it to run using the parameters from the calling corporate report.
I notice that i did not set a target anchor for the report. That could be the problem. I will work on that.
Thanks for your help
Dave
Dave O
Hans,
Thanks for your help. I worked on the binding and found that was the issue. I needed to go a step further. The Target Anchor did not seem to be the problem.
Dave
Hans_vd
Hi Dave,
Glad to read that you've got your report to work.
Success!
Hans