Hello!
Currently, the application I'm working on allows the user to preview a report, the idea is that the user can have a glimpse of the report before actually generating a pdf file of 50 pages or more, like for example the first page. I know I can render one page at a time given an rptdocument but I think that makes the preview option really expensive since I need to pretty much generate the whole report and then render one page of it.
I was wondering if there is a way of limiting the amount of pages of a report when it is being generated, like passing a flag parameter for example. I know that I could limit the amount of rows processed by the report if I'm using a scripted dataset with (i.e. with a counter), but can I do the same with another type of dataset? Is there a more generic way to do this? like limiting the amount of rows a table can display for example? or specifically saying how many pages I want the report to have no matter how many data I may end up not displaying?
Thanks