Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
use dataset item for parameter default value
HSMorales
I am working on a report that lists employee information returned from a stotred procedure.
We'll call this dataset "dsEmpl_Info".
dsEmpl_Info is linked to parameters "Start_Date" and "End_Date" both of which are input Date type parameters.
They each have a date picker to select dates.
I also have datasets "dsSTART_DATE" and "dsEND_DATE" which retreive the starting and ending dates of the previous accounting period based on the current date.
These datasets each have computed columns that convert the returned dates to format MM/dd/yyyy.
I would like to set the default value of "Start_Date" to an item in "dsSTART_DATE" and the default value of "End_Date" to an item in "dsEND_DATE".
The user can then run the report for the previous accounting period or for any time frame they wish.
Is there a way to do this ??
I am running BIRT version 3.7.0
Thanks for you help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Hi HSMorales,
If you change the display type of your parameters to Combobox, you can select "dynamic" under "Selection list values" and bind a dataset to the parameter.
Hope this helps
Hans
HSMorales
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Hans_vd'" data-cid="94123" data-time="1326487807" data-date="13 January 2012 - 01:50 PM"><p>
Hi HSMorales,<br />
<br />
If you change the display type of your parameters to Combobox, you can select "dynamic" under "Selection list values" and bind a dataset to the parameter.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps<br />
Hans<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
When I do this, my date picker disappears. I need the user to be able to select a date for the parameter.