Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
SVG in HTML-Report using <OBJECT> instead of <EMBED>
esday
Hello everyone!<br />
<br />
I am currently dynamically embedding BIRT-generated reports into a GWT-Application. If a requested report contains an SVG image, it currently doesn't display in Internet Explorer because it is rendered in Quirks-Mode due to the GWT application surrounding the embedded report.<br />
<br />
When I replaced the generated <EMBED> tag describing the SVG image with an <OBJECT> tag, also adapting the relevant attributes, my IE9 succeeded in rendering the emebedded SVG report. I currently do this filtering the <span style='font-family: Courier New'>ServletOutputStream</span> of my <span style='font-family: Courier New'>HttpServletResponse</span> passed to the BIRT engine. Though this method is working, I was wondering if there was a <em class='bbc'>more elegant</em> way for me to do this by telling BIRT to use <OBJECT> instead of <EMBED> tags.<br />
<br />
I appreciate any hints on this topic & thanks in advance,<br />
Stefan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Hi,
not sure but the HTMLImageHandler might be there to your rescue. See Dev Share:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1440-base64-imagehandler/
for an example. It does base64 encoding on images in the report, perhaps it can be used to define the tags that it is using for the images as well.
CBR
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'esday'" data-cid="94269" data-time="1327062682" data-date="20 January 2012 - 05:31 AM"><p>
Hello everyone!<br />
<br />
I am currently dynamically embedding BIRT-generated reports into a GWT-Application. If a requested report contains an SVG image, it currently doesn't display in Internet Explorer because it is rendered in Quirks-Mode due to the GWT application surrounding the embedded report.<br />
<br />
When I replaced the generated <EMBED> tag describing the SVG image with an <OBJECT> tag, also adapting the relevant attributes, my IE9 succeeded in rendering the emebedded SVG report. I currently do this filtering the <span style='font-family: Courier New'>ServletOutputStream</span> of my <span style='font-family: Courier New'>HttpServletResponse</span> passed to the BIRT engine. Though this method is working, I was wondering if there was a <em class='bbc'>more elegant</em> way for me to do this by telling BIRT to use <OBJECT> instead of <EMBED> tags.<br />
<br />
I appreciate any hints on this topic & thanks in advance,<br />
Stefan<br /></p></blockquote>