Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Out Of Memory Error
joeguzman1
Hello,<br />
The database table I am retrieving contains over 8 million rows.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Eclipse Indigo 3.7.1.r37x_v20110810-0800-7b7qFVtFEx2XnmZ4jlM5mjM </strong><br />
Build id: M20110909-1335<br />
eclipse.ini<br />
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize<br />
768m<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>BIRT 3.7.1.v20110905-4607w31221A16</strong><br />
Build id: v20110913-1734<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>BIRT JDBC Data Source</strong><br />
File: jtds-1.2.5.jar<br />
Driver Class: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver (v1.2)<br />
<br />
I created a simple report that just binds the data set to the List control <br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Query</strong><br />
select JOBNAME<br />
from HISTORY<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Error</strong><br />
<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception</em></strong><br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Is there a solution or a way to trap the memory error?</strong><br />
Limiting the Max number or rows to fetch from the data source is not an option.<br />
<br />
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
What type of out of memory error are you getting - Heap or Maxperm gen?
joeguzman1
<strong class='bbc'>I have the Heap memory issue </strong><br />
<br />
I have changed eclipse.ini to:<br />
-Xmx1024m<br />
-XX:MaxPermSize=256m<br />
<br />
I have 70 reports. Only this report is causing this issue (<em class='bbc'>see attachment</em>)<br />
<br />
This report contains over 8 million rows.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>How can I make BIRT cache the dataset to improve memory usage?</strong>
averma
You may want to try suggestions in the following post:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/mv/msg/197361/629285/#msg_629285
joeguzman1
<span style='font-size: 14px;'><strong class='bbc'>Memory Leak Detected!</strong></span><br />
<br />
Here's is proof that BIRT engine is leaking memory (<em class='bbc'>click on link below</em>). We already made some changes in the ReportGen to allow BIRT to consume more memory. If possible please provide a workaround until this bug is fixed. <br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=371814'>https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=371814</a><br
/>
<br />
Thank you
averma
Hi joeguzman1,
The bug was reported yesterday and I believe it is being looked into, appreciate your patience.
Ashwini
MarkW
I have also ran into a memory issue. I created a huge report using various datasets, javascript and embedded tables and charts per row. I then found the report was taking longer and longer to run as I kept adding more to the report. At that point is when I found tomcat memory running at about 2Gig. So I restarted tomcat and reran report and it shot up in resident memory. So then I back tracked. I started removing items from the report until all I had was a simple table that was loaded based on a simple query. I restarted tomcat and although it took running the report alot (since it is smaller now), the memory kept growing and never shrank.