Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Out Of Memory Error
joeguzman1
Hello,<br />
The database table I am retrieving contains over 8 million rows.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Eclipse Indigo 3.7.1.r37x_v20110810-0800-7b7qFVtFEx2XnmZ4jlM5mjM </strong><br />
Build id: M20110909-1335<br />
eclipse.ini<br />
--launcher.XXMaxPermSize<br />
768m<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>BIRT 3.7.1.v20110905-4607w31221A16</strong><br />
Build id: v20110913-1734<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>BIRT JDBC Data Source</strong><br />
File: jtds-1.2.5.jar<br />
Driver Class: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver (v1.2)<br />
<br />
I created a simple report that just binds the data set to the List control <br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Query</strong><br />
select JOBNAME<br />
from HISTORY<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Error</strong><br />
<strong class='bbc'><em class='bbc'>java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError cannot be cast to java.lang.Exception</em></strong><br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Is there a solution or a way to trap the memory error?</strong><br />
Limiting the Max number or rows to fetch from the data source is not an option.<br />
<br />
Thank you.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
LeinadJan
Hello,
I got similar problems on my reports and to fix it, I need more then just set the max size of the JVM's stack memory. I had to specify everything. The minimal memory space the JVM has to use, the maximum size memory space the JVM can use, the minimum memory space the JVM can use for its stack and the maximum memory space the JVM can use for its stack. It seems the -XX:MaxPermSize is useless without the -XmxYYYm.
I still had those java.lang.OutOfMemoryException with -XX:MaxPermSize=1024m. But now its working with even less memory : -Xms32m -Xmx256m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -XX:MinPermSize=256m