Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pagebreak Interval Issue with Birt 3.7
sspavan
Hi,
I am having issue with pagebreak interval. I have set the interval as 3. The pagebreak is not happening correctly. Here is the rptdesign and sample xml for reference. If you view the report in PDF you can see the issue.
Can anyone help me in resolving the issue
Thanks & Regards,
Pavan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
This design was made in 2.6.2. Are you sure you're using 3.7? Let me know.
sspavan
Yes the design is made using 2.6.2. I had same issue through my Webviewer which is 2.6.2 and with birt 3.7 report engine.
mwilliams
This looks like a bug. If you were to remove the page break on the group, it would work, but you'd have groups split over the page. I wonder if this is an issue with a larger number of records or if the page break at 3 when there are only 4 records per group helps cause it.
Either way, a workaround is to do the page break interval yourself. Make the actual page break interval on the table 0, then in your initialize, put:
rowCount = 0;
Then, in your onCreate of your detail row, put:
rowCount++;
if (rowCount == 3){
this.getStyle().pageBreakAfter = "always"
}
Finally, in the onPageBreak of your table, put:
rowCount = 0;
That should get around the issue.
Please log a bug for this and post the bug info in here for future reference. Thnaks!
sspavan
Williams,
The workaround partially resolved the issue. Where do I log the bug ?
Also I would like to know if you can provide some workaround for following issue
I have the following requirement
On my excel I have 3 columns, 1st two columns have numeric data and 3rd column should have a formula lets say
=SUM(C1:C2). For columns 1 and 2 I get data from table, for 3rd column I have set the text as =SUM(C1:C2).
When the file is generated all data in excel are by default in text format, the formula in 3rd column is read as text but not as a formula, but when I editted the 3rd cell by adding a space then it recognizes it as formula. Even at that point as data in first 2 cells is in text format the formula is not working.
Is there a way that we can have data generated as numeric data and activate the formula.
Thanks,
Pavan
mwilliams
You can log bugs here:
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/reportabug.php
As for the XLS output, have you tried any of the other XLS emitters that are available? There is one in the devShare and one in the marketplace from a recent plug-ins contest we held. They might get you the numerical output you're looking for. Not sure if they have the ability to output XLS functions or not, though. I think that the Actuate BIRT XLS emitter does this.