Hello Experts,<br />
<br />
I have Birt Viewer deployed in tomcat on Linux box. <br />
I am attempting to upgrade to Birt Runtime 3.7.1 mainly because it fills up the PermGen slower than previous versions.<br />
<br />
I have set org.eclipse.datatools_workspacepath as per the migration guide.<br />
<br />
In my catalina.sh, I have<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
java_io_tmpdir=/usr/share/apache-tomcat-7.0.23/temp
org_eclipse_datatools_workspacepath=$java_io_tmpdir/workspace_dtp
mkdir -p $org_eclipse_datatools_workspacepath
</pre>
<br />
And it's being added to JAVA_OPTS<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Xmx6144m -Xms6144m -Xmn2048m -XX:MaxPermSize=3072m -XX:+UseParallelGC -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/./urandom -Dorg.eclipse.datatools_workspacepath=$org_eclipse_datatools_workspacepath"
</pre>
<br />
The directory workspace_dtp gets created at the time of Tomcat startup (if not already existing).<br />
(Also, another directory gets created in same temp folder named workspace_some_random_chars eg: workspace_5e7fd26b-b811-49cc-a9bb-ec202926339a - not sure if it is being created by BirtViewer)<br />
<br />
<br />
I provide the relative path of .rptdesign file eg:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://my.domain.com:8080/WebViewerExample/frameset?__report=rptfiles/2000_birt_file.rptdesign&some_other_params</pre>
<br />
My reports are using connection profile data source, but upon running any report I get the following error.<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Jan 24, 2012 5:00:23 PM org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectivityPlugin log
WARNING: URI is not absolute
Jan 24, 2012 5:00:23 PM org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectivityPlugin log
SEVERE: Unable to determine the default workspace location. Check your OSGi-less platform configuration of the plugin or datatools workspace path.
</pre>
<br />
The same report works on windows PC with analogous settings in catalina.bat<br />
<br />
PS: This could be related to <a class='bbc_url' href='
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=363422'>Bug 363422</a>, but that's marked RESOLVED WORKSFORME by Linda.<br />
<br />
Please advise what am I doing wrong.<br />
<br />
-Thanks<br />
Sebastian