Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
WebDesk "Finish" hangs
B80116
One of our TeamSite authors is having the following problem: He is using the WebDesk interface to process a task assigned to him by his editor. When he clicks the "Finish" link, the Task Transition window opens. He selects "Done" from the "Next Step" dropdown. So far, so good. But when he clicks the "OK" button, the "OK" and "Cancel" buttons both disappear (they just vanish from the screen), the Task Transition window stays open, and the task does not get transitioned to the editor for review.
Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and how to fix?
We are using TS 5.5.2.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You indicate that this is in TeamSite 5.5.2, but you didn't indicate what patches or service packs have been applied and/or whether TeamSite Templating is also installed (and what patches and service packs were applied for that) - nor what platform the server is running on, nor the platform and browser (vendor? version?) is being used.
If you can supply that information, it would make it possible for others to compare / contrast their experiences in a more meaningful way to see how reproducible the problem is.
Also - you indicate "One of our TeamSite authors is having the following problem" - what about other TeamSite authors? are they experiencing this problem or just the one user? If it's just the one user can you isolate differences between their client system and the other author's client system?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
nipper
I have to add we see this now and then as well. We are running 552 SP3. It happens seemingly without a pattern, not specific users and not consistantly.
I have also seen it where it would fail on the first 8 tries but then work on #9.
I do not remember anything of interest in the logs, however I usually hear about it after the fact. If, next time you can repeat this, you tail the servletd.log, that might be of some use. Check the update times on all the logs and post any errors of interest.
Andy
Migrateduser
I have seen this too. On some PCs the user is never able to transition a task. I think it has to do with the fact that the transitioner launches launchpad and something goes wrong with Java on the client.
B80116
We fixed it! Thanks to all of you for your inputs, especially John for saying " . . . something goes wrong with Java on the client." That inspired me to do some more digging, and I found Interwoven Knowledge Base Article 49832, "Use of Third Party Java Plugins with Internet Explorer".
The article describes how third part Java plugins can cause weirdness in TeamSite, and how to correct the problem - disabling the third party Java in IE's Tools - Internet Options - Advanced section.
I'm so happy - this one was really starting to get to me. Thanks again everybody!