Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to adjust the height of header so that all the contents remain visible in pdf and excel?
kirti1105
I have a report with 2 headings h1 and h2 and also used a table to accomodate 3 input parameters for the report in the heading itself.
Though it looks fine in the birt viewer but after exporting the file to pdf or ecel the contents in <H1> tag gets cut and the rest remain invisible in pdf form . Also same thing happens in excel but the row height can be adjusted manually to see the contenys of whole header of the report.
Is there way tpo be able to see whole contents of the header in pdf form as well without manually adjusting the row height(though there doest exist such option in pdf)?
Thanks & Regards,
Kirti Wankhade
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Yaytay
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kirti1105'" data-cid="94669" data-time="1327665216" data-date="27 January 2012 - 04:53 AM"><p>
I have a report with 2 headings h1 and h2 and also used a table to accomodate 3 input parameters for the report in the heading itself. <br /></p></blockquote>
Can you post a report that demonstrates the problem?<br />
If it needs a dataset using either a scripted one or the sample one so that we can run the report would help.<br />
Thanks.
mwilliams
You might check your "whitespace" setting and make sure it's not set to "no wrapping".
kirti1105
Hi Williams and Yaytay,
I checked the whitespace setting and its normal. Still facing the issue. I reproduced that issue with the sample database and attaching both the report design and its pdf view.Kindly look at the header part of the report and its alignment(part above the table). In the pdf the first heading itself is getting cut.
Also tell me if any change need to be done in birt css.There are 4 css and i m unable to find out which one works for pdf header after exporting the report in pdf format.
Thanks & Regards,
Kirti Wankhade
Yaytay
Hi,<br />
I see what you are trying to do now, but I'm afraid I don't know a way to actually achieve it.<br />
The header sections are fairly rigid (they don't even have properties of their own).<br />
<br />
Using BIRT 3.7.1 (your design is from 2.6.0) I find that nothing displays the full header whilst the header is set to 0.5in (no emitters expand the header).<br />
Changing the header height to 1.8in makes it fit in full for the viewer, but I can see what you mean about the styles differing in PDF - 1.8in is not enough for the header in PDF because there is greater spacing between the sections of the header.<br />
The (built in) Excel emitter gives the best result, putting each row of the header into a row in the spreadsheet (I'd normally take this opportunity to promote my own <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.spudsoft.co.uk/2011/10/the-spudsoft-birt-excel-emitters/'>Excel
emitters</a>, but they just force the header into an Excel header (which only appears on printout and can only contain plain text).<br />
Interestingly the HTML emitter (as opposed to the viewer) seems to use the same stylings as the PDF emitter, so again 1.8in isn't enough.<br />
<br />
I think my most helpful suggestion would be to move the contents out into the main section of the report.<br />
<br />
Jim
kirti1105
Hi Jim,
Thanks for the reply. I adjusted the height of header and footer and now getting the pdf output like that of birt viewer. I wondered if any change needs to made in stylesheet/css,thats why i asked for it. But there is no need. Solution provide by you helped it. Once again thanks
Kirti