Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Hiding a row if an inner table contains no rows
robbinma
Hello,
I am struggling to finish a report in BIRT 2.3.2
I have two tables.
Table A shows data from dataset 1.
Table B is inside table A and reads data from dataset 2.
I need to hide the row in Table A if there are no rows in Table B (the inner table)
I have tried creating a count aggregation on Table B and then adding a visibility expression on the data row in table A.
This fails though because the visibility expression in Table A can't see the aggregation value in Table B. That makes sense but it doesn't help me!
I can't merge the data sets or use a joint data set.
I am using BIRT 2.3.2 with Maximo and would appreciate any advice/help about how to achieve this.
Thanks.
Mark
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You should be able to check the inner table in the onCreate script and then hide the table row in your onRender script. You'll have to use separate run and render tasks for this to work. If using a URL to run your report, you'll need to use frameset rather than run. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.
robbinma
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="94718" data-time="1327803685" data-date="28 January 2012 - 07:21 PM"><p>
You should be able to check the inner table in the onCreate script and then hide the table row in your onRender script. You'll have to use separate run and render tasks for this to work. If using a URL to run your report, you'll need to use frameset rather than run. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks.<br />
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. things have been a bit busy here.<br />
<br />
I don't know if maximo supports this configuration.<br />
Is there a quick way I can find out?
mwilliams
How do you run your reports? One way to use the run and render tasks separately is to run the report in the web viewer from the designer.
robbinma
In this case I may be able to use the designer because the report is used by the support staff.
It would be good to understand if this type of customisation can be implemented in Maximo.
Maximo displays the BIRT reports via a web browser.
A URL is generated and then passed to a set of Java classs which generate the web page with the viewer.
thanks for your continuing help.
mwilliams
I don't use Maximo, but is your URL like:
http://localhost:8080/birtViewer/frameset?__report=yourReport.rptdesign
?
If so, using frameset uses the run then render tasks. If you used "run" instead, it would use the runandrender task. Let me know.
johnw
Yes, Maximo will support this. Maximo uses a customized version of the BIRT Web Viewer example project, so if it worked in Preview and Run Report in Web Browser, it will work in Maximo.