Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pie Chart problem
evgenyak
I have a pie chart in two of my reports.
When number of pie "slices" is relatively small (under 10) it looks perfect.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
evgenyak
I managed to partially overcome the problem partially by addition of legend and removal of "Base_Value" from the "Leader Lines"
I now wonder, if I can control this in the Javascript somehow. Because I don't want to have legend in all cases, only when I must.
mwilliams
So, your question, now, is how to hide the legend in script?
evgenyak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="94853" data-time="1328115090" data-date="01 February 2012 - 09:51 AM"><p>
So, your question, now, is how to hide the legend in script?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Yes! And also how to control what's written on the "pie" (I mean how each slice is marked on the "pie")<br />
<br />
Thanks!
evgenyak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="94853" data-time="1328115090" data-date="01 February 2012 - 09:51 AM"><p>
So, your question, now, is how to hide the legend in script?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I managed to partially solve it using a script:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<method name="beforeFactory"><![CDATA[var mychart = this.getReportElement("CHART"); if (params["Parameter_Level"].value != true) { mychart.getLegend( ).setVisible(false); } ;]]></method>
</pre>
<br />
Now, I just need to control the series labels (the stuff appended on the leader line)
mwilliams
What do you need to control about the labels? What changes would you like to make and when?
evgenyak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="94912" data-time="1328201097" data-date="02 February 2012 - 09:44 AM"><p>
What do you need to control about the labels? What changes would you like to make and when?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I would like to be able to convert the text written next to pie slices based on a report parameter.<br />
The text should either include "Category Data: Percentile" or just the "Percentile"<br />
<br />
mwilliams
Take a look at this report. Look at the beforeFactory script.
Example made in 3.7.1
evgenyak
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="94936" data-time="1328225880" data-date="02 February 2012 - 04:38 PM"><p>
Take a look at this report. Look at the beforeFactory script.<br />
<br />
Example made in 3.7.1<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Brilliant!!! It solved my problem.<br />
Thanks a lot
<br />
It's not the first time you're helping me out!
mwilliams
Not a problem! Let us know whenever you have questions!