Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Single dynamic text split into multiple text boxes in ppt
dharshanah
Hi everyone,
I have an issue with exporting a dynamic text to ppt.
I have a single dynamic text in my report say "description" and it may contain a large amount of text. Now when I export it to powerpoint , the text is wrapped and is split into multiple text boxes in the ppt.
Is there any way to display the whole text in a single description text box?
Thanks a lot for your help!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version? I'll take a look!
dharshanah
Thanks a lot for the reply. Here are the BIRT details
Eclipse Business Intelligence and Reporting Tools SDK
Version: 3.7.1.v20110905-809u7NFT0z0-TWCm5MjN7w
Build id: v20110905-1820
Thanks in advance!
dharshanah
This is the target BIRT version we are using. Please ignore the previous one
BIRT Framework
Version: 2.6.2.r262_v20101008-9iF7A9JGHMBCRz-R8tbxRel8kQrI
Thanks!
dharshanah
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'dharshanah'" data-cid="94959" data-time="1328262711" data-date="03 February 2012 - 02:51 AM"><p>
Hi everyone,<br />
<br />
I have an issue with exporting a dynamic text to ppt.<br />
<br />
I have a single dynamic text in my report say "description" and it may contain a large amount of text. Now when I export it to powerpoint , the text is wrapped and is split into multiple text boxes in the ppt.<br />
<br />
Is there any way to display the whole text in a single description text box?<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot for your help!!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'dharshanah'" data-cid="95006" data-time="1328335233" data-date="03 February 2012 - 11:00 PM"><p>
This is the target BIRT version we are using. Please ignore the previous one<br />
<br />
BIRT Framework<br />
<br />
Version: 2.6.2.r262_v20101008-9iF7A9JGHMBCRz-R8tbxRel8kQrI<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi BIRT experts,<br />
<br />
Can you please look into this issue? Is this the issue only with this version and if that is the case which version should I use to solve this issue?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance for any help.
XFabien
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="94978" data-time="1328298628" data-date="03 February 2012 - 12:50 PM"><p>
What is your BIRT version? I'll take a look!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
Did you find a workaround for this problem ? <br />
My birt version is 2.6.2 and Actuate 11 SP3<br />
<br />
Thanks for the help.
mwilliams
Sorry. This one slipped by, somehow. I'll take a look, right now.
mwilliams
Even with the Tribix emitter, it's split row by row. My guess is that you'll have to rewrite the emitter or find a 3rd party PPT emitter that does this.
Shasha
<p>Hi,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Not sure if this is solved or not but I am still getting this issue while rendering to pptx in BIRT opensource 4.4.2.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Can someone please update?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regards</p>
<p>Shasha</p>
Shasha
<p>Solved in <span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', sans-serif;">BIRT opensource </span>v4.7, not completely though but at least now a line is not splitted in between,</p>