I'm attempting to use a custom connection class for a 'web services' data source. I downloaded the code from this example <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2007/10/birt-web-service-oda.html'>http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2007/10/birt-web-service-oda.html</a> but when I try to preview it or test the connection in the Data Source menu, I see <br />
<br />
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException ;<br />
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: my.web.service.MyWebService.java.<br />
<br />
As background, I'm using the eclipse-reporting-indigo-SR1-win32. I created a new Java Project and put the classes provided in the src and corresponding package folders. The rptdesign and other resources are in the project root.<br />
<br />
Let me run down what I've tried so far:<br />
<br />
Edited the Data Source's Driver Class Path to have the absolute path of the src\package folder.<br />
Edited the Data Source's Driver Class Path to have the absolute path of the bin\package folder.<br />
Edited the Data Source's Driver Class Path to have the absolute path of the src\package folder\MyWebService.java.<br />
Edited the Data Source's Driver Class Path to have the absolute path of the bin\package folder\MyWebService.class.<br />
Edited the Data Source's Driver Class Path to have the absolute path of a jar containing the java and class files.<br />
<br />
I changed the project properties>report design>classpath to include the src folders, bin folders, a jar containing both, and another java project to which I had copied the files.<br />
<br />
As a commenter on that article suggested, I copied my jar to the eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_3.7.1.v20110905\birt\scriptlib folder.<br />
I copied the java file, class file, and package folder structure+class files there as well.<br />
I also tried copying all of the above files to the eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_3.7.1.v20110905\birt\WEB-INF\classes folder, and still got ClassNotFound after restarting eclipse.<br />
<br />
If anyone can help me out with some other suggestions I'd appreciate it.