Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Page Break by Parameter
akakuris
Greetings,
I'm developing reports that would be accessed by users that have no access to the report set up, they are provided options only for printing reports. For instance they can choose a report to print by office within a location.
I have set parameters to print a report by an office within a location. I would like to set a parameter giving them the option to print with pagebreak or not by that parameter. I haven't found a solution. I see where you can set the pagebreak, but that would not give the user the option. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Meaning you have a page break set after each group, or something like that, in a table, and you want them to be able to remove that, if they want? Let me know. Also, let me know your BIRT version.
akakuris
Thats exactly it! The thought is the manager printing the report may want it for their own review and not want to spend the paper so print it without page breaks, or they would want to print it by group for distribution. We want the user to have the option.
I'm on BIRT v 3.7.1 and I'm using the SpringSource plugin.
Thanks,
Andy
mwilliams
Andy,
Take a look at this report. The script to add the page break to the group is done in the onCreate for the group. To get to this script section, in your report, go to the outline, find your table in the body section of the report, and go to the group in the groups section of the table. After selecting the group, click on the script tab under the design window. Since there is already script in this report, you can find the script area by going to the scripts section of the outline.
Hope this helps.
akakuris
Hi Michael,
This is perfect!
Thank you very much!
Andy
mwilliams
You're welcome! Always glad to help! Let us know whenever you have questions!