Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Missing chinese characters
kudo
Hi all,
I have a problem with report design which contains label with chinese characters.
My testing report contains only one label with chinese characters.
If I run genReport.bat on windows I get correct pdf outfile.
But If I run the same script on Unix I get pdf file where 4 chinese characters are missing.
Does anybody have an idea where could be the problem?
It is java application so i really don't see the reason why it is correct on one platform and there are problems on other platform.
Thanks a lot.
Kudo
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, some Chinese characters show, but some don't? In which directory do you put the font file?
kudo
Font files are in directory /usr/share/fonts/zh_CN/TrueType and I added this path into the config file fontsConfig.xml which is located in directory birt-runtime-2_5_2/ReportEngine/plugins/org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.fonts_2.5.2.v.20091224.
I chagned also fonts.dir and fonts.scale files in directory where are the fonts.
mwilliams
Some characters show and some don't? Can you try putting your font file into your JRE fonts folder and see if that helps?
kudo
Hi, copying fonts to JRE file didn't help.
I tried to put fonts in jre, my special folder. I define paths and encoding in fonts_config.. config files of birt.
I installed fonts pack for adobe reader for chinsese languages.
But nothing helps.
Do you have any idea what else I can do?
Thanks
Kudo
mwilliams
What happens if you run it in HTML? Does it work then?
kudo
Hi,
in html it works.
In attachments is output in pdf and in html and used rptdesign (for birt version 2.5.2).
The first text is directly in the label and second is in the variable of the rptdesign.
mwilliams
As a test, can you download the newest version of BIRT and see if the issue persists?
kudo
I tried the same design with birt 3.7.1 and I got the same result from both html and pdf.
mwilliams
Ok. A couple more things. Can you try the font in one of the folders that was already in the fontsConfig path list, rather than the ones you added? Also, can you verify that the font you're using is one that works with Linux? Let me know. Thanks!
jogeedklwn
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'kudo'" data-cid="96154" data-time="1329379020" data-date="16 February 2012 - 12:57 AM"><p>
I tried the same design with birt 3.7.1 and I got the same result from both html and pdf.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello Kudo!<br />
I am having the exact same issue that you faced. Were able to find a solution to this issue?<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
JogeeDaKlown