Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Working with Bar graph in BIRT
srikala
HI Williams
how can i design a bar graph like the one attached.
Please help !
Regards
srikala
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You might be able to work with setting a negative unit spacing in your chart script. Something like:
function beforeDrawSeries( series, isr, icsc )
{
icsc.getChartInstance().setUnitSpacing(-50);
}
srikala
Hi Williams
Could you please help me with an example here.
Regards
srikala.
mwilliams
It's hard to see what your actual chart looks like, so I'm not sure what to try to make an example of. If you just put that script in your chart, it'll probably overlap your bars. Could you explain some more about the chart you're trying to create, so I can be sure I understand the example I'm trying to make? A small amount of sample data would also be helpful.
srikala
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="95541" data-time="1328816917" data-date="09 February 2012 - 12:48 PM"><p>
You might be able to work with setting a negative unit spacing in your chart script. Something like:<br />
<br />
function beforeDrawSeries( series, isr, icsc )<br />
{<br />
icsc.getChartInstance().setUnitSpacing(-50);<br />
}<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
HI Williams<br />
<br />
We tried this, but we want the spacing between two series. Also please let us know how we can show the legend the way we wanted to ie instead of series 1 and series 2 i want to put the column names. <br />
<br />
Please help!<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
srikala.
mwilliams
Can you explain what you want in the legend in more detail? If it shows in your images, like I said, they are blurry and I can't read them.
As for the charts spacing, unfortunately, the unit spacing is set across the entire chart. I don't think there's a way to set individual spaces, so you might be out of luck here. The only thing I was thinking was that the grouped bars might already be closer, so setting the spacing might only overlap them. If that doesn't work, there may not be a good way to do that without editing the chart plugin to create your own.
srikala
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="96603" data-time="1330066280" data-date="23 February 2012 - 11:51 PM"><p>
Can you explain what you want in the legend in more detail? If it shows in your images, like I said, they are blurry and I can't read them.<br />
<br />
As for the charts spacing, unfortunately, the unit spacing is set across the entire chart. I don't think there's a way to set individual spaces, so you might be out of luck here. The only thing I was thinking was that the grouped bars might already be closer, so setting the spacing might only overlap them. If that doesn't work, there may not be a good way to do that without editing the chart plugin to create your own.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi William <br />
<br />
We figured out how to change the series lable in the legend.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
srikala.
mwilliams
Great to hear!