Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Bursting
siva_birt
Hi,
Help me how to create an Actuate BIRT report with Bursting. I mean one rptdesign file should give multiple output files. I am trying to reproduce a erdpro report by using brdpro.
Thanks...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
So, when you run a report, you want multiple sub reports to run or you want the first report to run multiple times with many different parameters?
mwilliams
Maybe this devShare entry will help:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1335-report-bursting-with-birt/
mwilliams
Or this one:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1029-burst-pdf-report-using-script/
siva_birt
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="96022" data-time="1329168008" data-date="13 February 2012 - 02:20 PM"><p>
Or this one:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1029-burst-pdf-report-using-script/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1029-burst-pdf-report-using-script/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
Thank you Mike. I am able to execute script one. But other one(java) is giving error. I will try to implement this by using my client database. Thanks once again.
mwilliams
You're welcome!
siva_birt
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="96094" data-time="1329274481" data-date="14 February 2012 - 07:54 PM"><p>
You're welcome!
<br /></p></blockquote>
I modified the code in onCreate to suite my environment. It is working fine in design environment. But when I uploaded these reports to Management Console, following error occured. Need help.<br />
It says report cann't be found. But there is that report.<br />
<br />
<br />
There are errors evaluating script "importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api);<br />
var srcStr = reportContext.getReportRunnable().getReportName()+ "";<br />
var srcStr3 = reportContext.getReportRunnable().getReportName()+ "";<br />
var srcStr1 = srcStr.replace(/driver_siva.rptdesign/g,"burst_output.rptdesign");<br />
<br />
var re = reportContext.getReportRunnable().getReportEngine();<br />
<br />
var des = re.openReportDesign(srcStr1); <br />
var ntask = re.createRunAndRenderTask(des);<br />
<br />
ntask.setParameterValue("mname", this.getRowData().getColumnValue(0) );<br />
var options = new PDFRenderOption();<br />
var opf = "OUTPUT/MNO_" + this.getRowData().getColumnValue(0)+ "_" + dt + ".pdf";<br />
var srcStr2 = srcStr3.replace(/driver_siva.rptdesign/g,"");<br />
<br />
var outputfile = srcStr2 + opf;<br />
options.setOutputFileName(outputfile);<br />
options.setOutputFormat("pdf");<br />
ntask.setRenderOption(options);<br />
ntask.run();<br />
ntask.close();":<br />
Wrapped org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file /SIVA/BURSTING/REPORTS/burst_output.rptdesign can not be found. (/report/body/table[
@id="
;2506"]/detail/row[
@id="
;2510"]/method[
@name="
;onCreate"]#8) (Element ID:2510) <br />
mwilliams
The report is deployed at the path shown? Make sure the report is there and make sure the path is correct.
siva_birt
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="96350" data-time="1329504060" data-date="17 February 2012 - 11:41 AM"><p>
The report is deployed at the path shown? Make sure the report is there and make sure the path is correct.<br /></p></blockquote>
The path is correct. I placed both driver and burst reports in the same folder. The path picked is 100% correct.
siva_birt
Hi,
Please see the modified report files(same files given in example). Working excellent in Brdpro. But when moved to Management console it says it could not find the detail report. Both report design files are placed in the same folder. Please help.
Thanks...
siva_birt
I Placed the detial report on Linux server and tried to run it using driver report on management console. I got the following error.
"Failed to initialize emiiter". Any luck for me?
mwilliams
Can you try putting in the static path to the report, rather than doing all the replace functions? To see if you can access the report then? Or is that issue solved and it's just the emitter error?
siva_birt
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="96465" data-time="1329852787" data-date="21 February 2012 - 12:33 PM"><p>
Can you try putting in the static path to the report, rather than doing all the replace functions? To see if you can access the report then? Or is that issue solved and it's just the emitter error?<br /></p></blockquote>
When I gave the static path, the same error repeats.
mwilliams
Yep. I see what you're saying now. I'll check it out and see if I can find out the issue. It might be some sort of a permissions thing. I'll let you know what I find.