Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Multiple Queries Happeneing with Script source
MarkW
I have a BIRT Report Using a Scripted Source. On the report is a table and a chart. Both use data from the scripted source. My issue is that the same scripted source is being called twice, once for the chart and once for the table. If I only have the chart or the table on the report, only one call to scripted source is done.
How to prevent the same scripted source to be called multiple times and instead be called once?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
MarkW
I think I figured this out. In the Data Set OPEN handler, I need to add logic to first check to see if the
variable assinged to the scripted source Object is NULL. If so, then only call it once. Only in the Data Source 'AFTER CLOSE' event will I make the appropriate variables null.
if(!sumPmCountReport){
sumPmCountReport = new Packages.com.alu.pnm.birt.scriptedsource.sumpmcount.Report();
entries = sumPmCountReport.loadReport();
.
.
.
}
curEntryIndex=0;
mwilliams
Great! Glad you found a solution!