Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sort and then take the top 5 rows
kimgoodman
I've got a table that is sorted on 3 different columns. I now only want to show the top 5 rows after sorting. How do I do this?
I'm sure this is obvious but my googling hasn't led me to an answer yet.
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tubal
You can filter your table on 'Top n', n being the # you of records you want.
kimgoodman
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Tubal'" data-cid="96113" data-time="1329318508" data-date="15 February 2012 - 08:08 AM"><p>
You can filter your table on 'Top n', n being the # you of records you want.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Tubal,<br />
<br />
Thanks for your replay. The 'Top n' filter only applies to a single column or expression. However, I am sorting on 3 columns - what do I put in the filter expression box?<br />
<br />
Many thanks.
RichT
You could maintain a counter within the onCreate of the table row and then hide the rows that are greater than 5 with the Visibility settings in the Table detail.