Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Erroneous Handlers - BIRT 3.7.1
Sravan
Hi,<br />
<br />
I am migrating from BIRT 2.6.1 to BIRT 3.7.1<br />
I have removed old jar files from my lib directory (js.jar, commons-cli-1.0.jar and engineapi.jar) <br />
and copied org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.1.v20110913-1734.jar to the lib directory.<br />
Other jar files were kept in CLASSPATH in Weblogic 10 server while starting up (startWebLogic.cmd) as below.<br />
<strong class='bbc'><br />
set BIRTENGINE=C:/birt-runtime-3_7_1/ReportEngine/lib<br />
set BIRT_CLASSPATH=%BIRT_CLASSPATH%;%BIRTENGINE%\com.ibm.icu_4.4.2.v20110208.jar;%BIRTENGINE%\org.apache.commons.codec_1.3.0.v201101211617.jar;%BIRTENGINE%\*.jar;<br />
<br />
set CLASSPATH=.;%CLASSPATH%;%BIRT_CLASSPATH%;</strong><br />
<br />
I have a BIRT utilities Java file which creates the report engine.<br />
The code is as follows.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>// Configure the BIRT Engine and start the BIRT Platform<br />
EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();<br />
<br />
try {<br />
Platform.startup(config);<br />
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory) Platform<br />
.createFactoryObject(IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY);<br />
engine = factory.createReportEngine(config);<br />
} catch (Exception exception) {<br />
exception.printStackTrace();<br />
throw new WrapperedException("ERROR during report engine start up", exception);<br />
}</strong><br />
<br />
<br />
Platform.startup(config) is throwing the following exception always.<br />
<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>erroneous handlers <br />
<br />
java.lang.InternalError: erroneous handlers<br />
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:75)<br />
</strong><br />
<br />
Please kindly let me know what changes I should make to make this work.<br />
<br />
Thanks,<br />
Sravan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Hi,
BIRT 3.7.1 doesn't use a OSGI based engine to generate your reports, so you have to copy the content of the lib dir in the runtime download to the lib directory of your application (not just the org.eclipse.birt.runtime_3.7.1.v20110913-1734.jar). There is no additional folder needed for 3.7.1
Sravan
Thanks for your time and response.
Initially I have copied all the jar files in the lib directory, then the Weblogic server is not starting and I am getting "The input line is too long." message.
I am working on Windows XP with service pack 3.
Please suggest me if there is any alternate way to keep these jar files within the project.
Thanks,
Sravan