Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to print data list in line
Roston
Hello everybody. I'm new in BIRT, and I have some problem. I need to print data info from list into Excel report, but it must be printed in line. For example I have Several xml like this<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<products>
.....
<product>
<weeks>
<week>
<field1> value11 </field1>
<field2> value21 </field2>
</week>
<week>
<field1> value12 </field1>
<field2> value22</field2>
</week>
</weeks>
....
</product>
</products>
</pre>
<br />
So I need to show products one below another, but weeks in products, must be one by another in line...<br />
<br />
for example<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>week1 week2
+
+
+
+
+
+
+ product1 + field1 + value11 + field1 + value21 +
+ + field2 + value21 + filed2 + value22 +
+
+
+
+
+
+
+ product2 + field1 + ....... + field1 + ....... +
+ + field2 + ....... + field2 + ....... +
+
+
+
+
+
+</pre>
<br />
How I can implement it?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Looks like something you might be able to do with a crosstab. If you send me a XML file, with some sample data, I might be able to help you set it up. If you send data, please let me know your BIRT version.
Roston
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<products>
<product>
<name> Product1 </name>
<days> Days1 </days>
<time> Time1 </time>
<weeks>
<week>
<fields1>
<value1> 1 </value1>
<value2> 2 </value2>
</fields1>
<field2> value12 </field2>
<field3> value13 </field3>
<field4> value14 </field4>
<field5> value15 </field5>
</week>
<week>
<fields1>
<value1> 3 </value1>
<value2> 4 </value2>
</fields1>
<field2> value22 </field2>
<field3> value23 </field3>
<field4> value24 </field4>
<field5> value25 </field5>
</week>
</weeks>
</product>
<product>
<name> Product2 </name>
<days> Days2 </days>
<time> Time2 </time>
<weeks>
<week>
<fields1>
<value1> 5 </value1>
<value2> 6 </value2>
</fields1>
<field2> value32 </field2>
<field3> value33 </field3>
<field4> value34 </field4>
<field5> value35 </field5>
</week>
<week>
<fields1>
<value1> 7 </value1>
<value2> 8 </value2>
</fields1>
<field2> value42 </field2>
<field3> value43 </field3>
<field4> value44 </field4>
<field5> value45 </field5>
</week>
</weeks>
</product>
</products>
</pre>
<br />
So I want such result as:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
week1 week2
+
+
+
++
+
+
+ Product1 + fields1 + 1, 2 ++ fields1 + 3, 4 +
+ Days1 + field2 + value12 ++ field2 + value22 +
+ Time1 + field3 + value13 ++ field3 + value23 +
+ + field4 + value14 ++ field4 + value24 +
+ + field5 + value15 ++ field5 + value25 +
+
+
+
++
+
+
+
+
+
++
+
+
+ Product2 + fields1 + 5, 6 ++ fields1 + 7, 8 +
+ Days2 + field2 + value32 ++ field2 + value42 +
+ Time2 + field3 + value33 ++ field3 + value53 +
+ + field4 + value34 ++ field4 + value54 +
+ + field5 + value35 ++ field5 + value65 +
+
+
+
++
+
+
</pre>
Roston
any ideas?
mwilliams
Looking at this, right now.
mwilliams
Can you create a simple report that uses the XML you have above as a dataSource and create the dataSet how yours is set up? This way I don't bring the data in a different way than you. Or, you could simply show the data in here, how it looks in your actual dataSet in your report and I'll just duplicate the same in a scripted dataSet, so our dataSets look the same and go from there.