Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Blob Content in drop down and report
LokeshP
Hello Team,
I have a table which have blob field, it contains string value.
I want to use these value in drop down and on the basis of selection wants report contents.
Kindly provide solution as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Ok, so in your database, you have a blob field that you want to show the string values in a parameter drop down? Is this the case?
Then, you want to use this value in your query to limit the data in the report? If so, is the field you're trying to limit a blob field or a string field. Do you think you could explain the situation some more?
LokeshP
I have a Column name is location but data type is bolb.
But it contains string value like 'INDIA','LONDON'.
NOW On Mysql Query browser i m using substr(location,1,30),lower(location),upper(location)for fetching data but in BIRT query browser these functions are not working.
example SELECT SUBSTR(LOCATION,1,30)FROM COUNTRY;
mwilliams
So, each blob contains a comma separated list of values, but you cannot use substrings in your query because the functions do not work? Am I on the right track, now?
LokeshP
No actully I have a column LOCATION and it have FRANCE,GERMANY etc. ALL in different rows not in single row.
So I want value of columns all rows.
mwilliams
Ok, what happens if you put:
Select distinct substr(notes,1,10) from location
in the text query builder?
LokeshP
It gives output but have some string like this 42 4d f6 56..
because might be is is in blob content.
mwilliams
Ok, so what happens if you use select * from location and display the resulting clob/blob using a dynamic textbox?
arunkumarb
Hi Lokesh,
Can you change your query like this:
select distince cast(substr(notes,1,30) as char) from location h;
I am converting BLOB datatype to String.
may be it will be helpful.
Regards,
Arun
arunkumarb
select distinct cast(substr(notes,1,30) as char) from location h;
LokeshP
Hello,
This is also not working.
same problem here.
arunkumarb
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'LokeshP'" data-cid="97712" data-time="1331703678" data-date="13 March 2012 - 10:41 PM"><p>
Hello,<br />
<br />
This is also not working.<br />
same problem here.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
HI LokeshP,<br />
Can you recreate ur report with sample database.so that i can run ur report in my Desktop.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Arun