Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
FILE_IID script for iServer
JoeO
Is there a script I can use in a report design to pull it's FILE_IID, while on the iServer? This field is in the AC_URUP_AC_FILE table.
I would like something similar to the reportContext.getAppContext().get("ServerUserName") code that you can use to pull the name of the user that is logged in.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi JoeO,
What version of iServer are you working with and what do you plan to do with FILE_IID?
JoeO
I am using Version 11SP3 and I will be using the script in a filter on a data set in my report design.
I am going to pull the security roles associated with the report design (that is why I need to reference FILE_IID). Report design names will duplicate in different directories, so I cant reference them unless I build a query to include the directory structure-- possible, but tedious. Also, a FILE_IID script would be dynamic so that I can use the same script in all report designs, instead of hard coding the directory (which might change over time).
Why do I want to reference the security roles?... I am using parameters in my report designs in combination with data row security on the underlying data stores. Although a user might have multiple roles in their ACL, only some of those roles might be assigned to a particular report design. Without using this workaround, users will see all options in the parameter boxes since data row security is not tied into the roles assigned to a report design itself.
Thanks!
averma
Hi JoeO,
I checked with PM, at this time there is no such script/method to retrieve this ID into a BIRT report. I know that there has been some talks around extending security model to BIRT parameters. I would recommend you to file an enhancement request with Actuate support.
http://support.actuate.com