Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Specifying Birt 3.7 lib location in Java build
SudhakarA
Hi,
I'm running a Java application wherein WEB-INF/lib folder contains some application related .jar files.
And also as I'm using Birt 3.7 for the reports to display in the application, as all the Birt 3.7 related jar files are also in WEB-INF/lib/ folder.
Can I use another location for Birt 3.7 jar files like WEB-INF/lib/birt_lib/ ?
And if I do this change then what necessary code I need to change for the report generation?
Thanks,
Sudhakar
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
With the BIRT runtime in 3.7, you just need to make sure that the jars are in your build/class path. They shouldn't have to be in a specified location like the BIRT HOME in previous versions.
SudhakarA
Do we have any other alternative apart from the Birt Jars to be in Build/Classpath?
As there are some Jars like itext-1.3 and itext-2.1.5 which are getting conflict.
itext-1.3.jar supports "Capturing HTML content to download in the PDF file" where as it is not useful for Birt 3.7 and above for Birt PDF reports, as Birt 3.7 uses itext-2.1.5 and the above version for PDF generation.
And our application requires both the functionality.
Please provide your suggestions as it values.
Thanks,
Sudhakar
mwilliams
If you have to keep the version that BIRT doesn't use, you may have to deploy your reports on the older runtime. I believe the next release 3.7.2 will have a version of the osgi runtime as well as the POJO one, so one of those will probably be your best bet to avoid this conflict. 3.7.2 should be released in the next few days. That's probably going to be the way to go.