Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Engine Command Line Problems
cbuckler
I am attempting to script the generation of BIRT reports through the command line.<br />
I have set up my BIRT_HOME, extracted the BIRT Runtime to a directory with a short path (thus correcting a problem I encoutnered initially), and created a plugins folder under birt-runtime-3_7_1/ReportEngine/ with the directory containing the ojdbc driver I use in creating the reports (correcting another issue I encountered). <br />
In a command prompt, I navigate to the ReportEngine directory, where I have copied a .rptdesign file (for convenience) and execute 'genReport.bat -f DOC -o test.doc -F <myFile>.rptdesign'.<br />
However, it then prints a series of exceptions:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
C:\birt-runtime-3_7_1\ReportEngine>genReport.bat -f DOC -o test.doc -F myRpt.rptdesign
C:\birt-runtime-3_7_1\ReportEngine>ECHO off
Feb 22, 2012 9:46:50 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner readConf
igurationFile
SEVERE: file: C:\birt-runtime-3_7_1\ReportEngine not exists!
Feb 22, 2012 9:46:50 AM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner execute
SEVERE: exception in parsing the paramters
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:81)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.execute(ReportRunner.
java:142)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.main(ReportRunner.jav
a:122)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.FrameworkException
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILaunche
r.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:75)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.eclipse.birt.core.framew
ork.FrameworkException: Could not find the Framework - org.eclipse.osgi in path
C:\birt-runtime-3_7_1\ReportEngine\plugins
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILaunche
r.java:75)
... 3 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.FrameworkException: Could not find th
e Framework - org.eclipse.osgi in path C:\birt-runtime-3_7_1\ReportEngine\plugin
s
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.doStartup(OSGILaunc
her.java:123)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.access$0(OSGILaunch
er.java:94)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher$1.run(OSGILauncher.
java:79)
... 5 more
Feb 22, 2012 9:46:50 AM org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher doShut
down
WARNING: Framework is already shutdown
</pre>
<br />
Regardless of what directory I am presently in, it always prints:<br />
"SEVERE: file: <current working directory> not exists!"<br />
<br />
Any ideas?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Do not do this:
and created a plugins folder under birt-runtime-3_7_1/ReportEngine/
Just add your driver to birt-runtime-3_7_1/ReportEngine/lib and modify the genReport.bat file to include the jar in the classpath. Look for this line:
SET BIRTCLASSPATH=
Does your BIRT HOME contain the ReportEngine folder?
Jason
cbuckler
Jason-
Spot on; that worked perfectly.
Thanks!