Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Flat File Output Questions
dan3874
I have been having great success letting folks have a link to run a BIRT report to a PDF that they then print on their printer. However, now I have a different request. They would like to be able to schedule a report that pulls data into a comma delimited flat file that they can access later and pull into their program.
Scheduling: I know I can schedule a report to run via a batch file or via some cron job scripting that our programmers have built.
Comma Delimited: I know I can setup the picture to have the fields they desire appear on one line with a comma between them.
Printing to a flat file: I have seen information about an emitter that can be used with BIRT to get the report into an XLS format. I have not tried to implement that yet. How do I tell BIRT to save the output as a file?
Thanks, in advance, for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
using the Batch file, output = 'XLS' will work. Also, there is a comma-delimited emitter that is available in the DevShare you can use to output directly to CSV.
dan3874
OK, so I am not doing a batch file yet. I'm running this on my laptop using Eclipse BIRT. What would be the best way for me to be able to test out getting BIRT to run to a file somewhere on my laptop?
I know that when we run our BIRT reports at the facilities, we use this kind of link.
http://10.5.176.228/birt-viewer/run?__report=report/CHS_HCI_HED_medrec_order_barcode.rptdesign&__format=pdf&HCI_DB=10.38.133.25&HCI_Service=live2&HCI_Facility=A&HMM_DB=10.38.133.187&HMM_Service=mmlive1&HIPPA_Safe=No&RP_Home_Meds=Yes&RP_Med_Orders=Yes
If it is easier, I can place my report out on the server and run it from a link. Should I replace format=pdf with output=XLS?
I have been looking around to try and find the emitter you talked about for CSV, but probably am looking in the wrong place and am not sure how I would install it anyway!