Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
previous parameter value
JDyne
I am trying to hide a parameter based on another parameter selection. If I add the following line in getDefaultValueList event, it hides the parameter
reportContext.getDesignHandle().findParameter('param2').setHidden(true);
what I am not able get is the previous parameter selection. i.e. I am not able to do the following:
if (params["param1"] == "Something") {
reportContext.getDesignHandle().findParameter('param2').setHidden(true);
} else {
reportContext.getDesignHandle().findParameter('param2').setHidden(false);
}
params["param1"] always returns the default value set for param1, it does not provide the selected value. Can someone please help me accomplish this?
Thanks
John
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Tubal
I don't think this is possible in the standard BIRT parameter page.
There is no event that is fired when you enter/change a parameter. So even though you may have changed the parameter, BIRT still sees the parameter as the original value. It doesn't recognize the changed parameter until you actually exit the parameter page.
I'm thinking you would need to create a custom parameter page to do this.
johnw
If you are using the Web Viewer Example, no, you can't. You will need to build a custom parameter page to get that functionality.
JDyne
Thanks everyone. It would be nice to have this feature in the future version.