Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Does crosstab take the sorting of dataset resultset
Aarti
Hi,
I am using BIRT v2.5 and I have report which contains a crosstab.
The issue that I am facing is, the crosstab is not taking the sorting of the dataset resultset.
I have not even added any sorting explicitly on the crosstab. I directly want the data that is resulted from the dataset in the crosstab.
I assume that it's taking some internal sorting which is unable to understand.
Can anyone tell what kind of sorting it takes or how does the crosstab function while accessing the Data Cube.
Thanks and Regards,
Aarti
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Take a look at this devShare post. You'd just need to add a computed column in your dataSet that uses the runningCount aggregation to give you a sort column. Then, follow the instructions in the devShare to add the field as an attribute to your dimension and sort your crosstab on this field. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1172-sorting-a-crosstab-by-a-field-not-in-the-crosstab/
Aarti
Thank You!
The crosstab is sorted in the custom order I was looking for by adding the attribute to the dataCube dimension. I also had to add sort on the column in the property editor of the crosstab.
It was a great help.
mwilliams
Always glad to help. Let us know whenever you have questions!