Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Get the count of total rows when only top 10 are coming from backend
Tanmay
Hi,
I have some old birt reports that I need to edit. In the report I have five different panels having 5 different tables populating data from 5 different datasets. Now each panel or table is only displaying the top 10 rows and in the header there is link for another birt report which will show all the data set rows.
I want to add the total number of records in the each panel in the header of each table but the problem is that in the data set the stored procedure is returning only 10 rows. I dont know why when I am editing the current data set to add one more collumn count/ total and get the value from the backend, all teh columns on the data set disappeared. I tried creating a new data set and get only the total number of records, but I am unable to add that value in the header of the table.
Can anyone please suggest how can I do this, also if I edit the old data sets it gives me following error
Error code :GUIException.invokedByUnexpectedException
error message :causedby: java.lang.reflect.invocationTargetException
I am new to birt reports, Can anyone please help me ??
Thanks
Tanmay
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
I wrote up an example on how to do this. If you modify the tables to use Visibility Expressions for the Top 10 filtering, you can use a Count Aggregation to get the count of total records.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1469-showing-top-10-and-still-displaying-total-count/