Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamically add Chart
MarkW
Using the BIRT Report Designer, I would like to know information on how to dynamically create and add charts.
For a the following query, there may be any number of meas returned depending on the element used. So it is not known ahead of time.
Select meas,date,value from DB where element = 'ABC' and date between X and Z group by meas;
I have one chart designed that represents all the values for 1 meas for given dates. How do I dynamically
create charts for ALL meas where there is one chart per meas using the designed chart? Is there a way?
Or, can anyone help me with the scripting to just simply build a chart or point me to documentation on it.
I could not find much information on this sort of level of scripting anywhere.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Couple of links to get you started:
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2008/03/birt-building-chart-with-chart-engine.html
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2010/01/birt-get-access-to-chart-element-and.html
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2008/07/birt-reading-chart-from-library-and.html
This just touches the surface. Chart scripting is a tough topic, especially embedding them into reports.
Another good place to look is in the BIRT source examples project, there is a whole section with how to create the different chart types.