Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Show blank row always
susaran
Hi all,
I'm new in BIRT. I want to create a report which always shows a certain of row number per page even they are blank. How can I do that?
I appreciate for your helps.
Su
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lnix
Hello,
Could you be a bit more specific? What makes a row be blank? Will null data come from the data base? Could you show us an example of what you'd like your output to be?
mwilliams
Or do you mean that even if your dataSet returns only 5 rows, you want the minimum rows in the table to still be, say, 20. So, you'd want the 5 data rows and 15 extra rows?
susaran
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="96848" data-time="1330380053" data-date="27 February 2012 - 03:00 PM"><p>
Or do you mean that even if your dataSet returns only 5 rows, you want the minimum rows in the table to still be, say, 20. So, you'd want the 5 data rows and 15 extra rows?<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi Inix, Williams,<br />
<br />
Williams' idea is exactly same thing I want. Actually, I have a report want to show 18 rows always. The data in last page has 3 for example and I want to show 15 blank rows.<br />
<br />
Do you have any idea?<br />
<br />
Thanks.<br />
<br />
susaran
susaran
I'm thinking about add dump rows to dataset in onFetch. Is it possible?
susaran
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
It seems that I found a solution for my report. I refer to your share at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/989-extend-table-to-fit-page/'>Extend
Table to Fit Page</a> and modify for my problem. The report in your share inserts <br> for blank rows. I change to draw the rows in footer and hide them if I don't need them.<br />
<br />
Please try with my attached report. Thanks for your helpful share.
mwilliams
You did exactly as I was going to suggest! There is another example in the devShare that shows the extra table footer row way, as well. I think it has to do with highlighted rows, which couldn't be done with the <br> way. Another possibility could be to reprocess your data in a scripted dataSet and add extra empty rows that way. Glad you found an answer! Maybe next time you'll be stuck long enough for me to actually help!
Good luck! Let us know whenever you have questions!
susaran
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="96909" data-time="1330439256" data-date="28 February 2012 - 07:27 AM"><p>
You did exactly as I was going to suggest! There is another example in the devShare that shows the extra table footer row way, as well. I think it has to do with highlighted rows, which couldn't be done with the <br> way. Another possibility could be to reprocess your data in a scripted dataSet and add extra empty rows that way. Glad you found an answer! Maybe next time you'll be stuck long enough for me to actually help!
Good luck! Let us know whenever you have questions!<br /></p></blockquote>
Actually your share helped me a way to start my change. Thank you!<br />
<br />
About dataset reprocessing, I'm very glad to hear your idea. I don't have experiences with scripting. Could give me an example script? Thanks in advance.
mwilliams
Take a look at this report. It takes the original dataSet, stores it in an array and then uses this array to create another dataSet with extra rows so that there will be an even 20 rows per page.
feynman
<p>Hi mwilliams</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am very interested in your report.</p>
<p>But I don't understand what should I do.</p>
<p>I started from the dataset of CLASSICMODELS.ORDERDETAILS.</p>
<p>And next, I made a table with ORDERNUMBER, PRODUCTIONCODE, QUANTITYORDERED.</p>
<p>I succeeded to get a table. I would like to know how to separate 20 lines per each pages.</p>
<p>I tried to make it for simulated your report but I couldn't success.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please let me know the process to make your report.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Best Regard</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanking you in advance.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Toshiaki Motegi</p>
shamo
<p>Feynman, Williams used script to achieve the separate 20 lines per page. take a look at this attachment. You can achieve same results without script by using row.__rownum grouping but does not show null values if last page is less than 20</p>
feynman
<p>Hi shamo</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you very much for your advice.</p>
<p>I got it! It doesn't need any scripts...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Next I would like to know is how to add 14 blank row.</p>
<p>I am trying to get it.</p>
<p>I have no idea to understand to create another data set.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanking you!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Toshi</p>
feynman
<p>Hi mwilliams, shamo</p>
<p> </p>
<p>At last I got it!</p>
<p>Thanking your mention about my question.</p>
<p>The point is the scripting data source.</p>
<p><a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='
http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3/help/adg/adg65/index.html#page/ADG/ProgramDataAccess.1.3.html'>http://developer.actuate.com/be/documentation/ihub3/help/adg/adg65/index.html#page/ADG/ProgramDataAccess.1.3.html</a></p>
;
<p> </p>
<p>Thanking you</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Toshiaki Motegi</p>