Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem displaying data from m:n relation
stephanR
Hello together<br />
I have the following problem. In a database I have 3 tables (users, seminars, user_seminars).<br />
now I want to display which user did which seminar. The data should be displayed like this.<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
| Seminar 1 | Seminar 2 | Seminar 3 |
user_01 | 02.05.2011 | | 07.10.2011 |
user_02 | | 11.04.2011 | |
| | 10.12.2011 | |
user_03 | | | |
</pre>
<br />
The columns for the seminars should be created dynamically from the database.<br />
How can I create such a table in birt. I've already searched the web and this forum but unfortunately found no solution.<br />
It would be great if somebody could help me with this problem<br />
<br />
Kind regards<br />
Stephan
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Looks like a situation where you'd use a crosstab, to me. You'd just create your dataSet with columns for Seminar, User, and Date. The Seminar and the User would be your dimensions and the Date field would be your measure. You'd need to make sure you use the "FIRST" aggregation on your measure, rather than SUM, which is the default in older versions, even with a data type that can't be summed.
Let me know if you have questions.