Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Controlling Page Break
TheShadraq
Attached is an example of what I am running into.
I have a report that has varying degrees of information, alternating colors when the Work Order number changes. Occasionally the details of this work order run on long and end up on a new page. This creates an issue where the full information of the work order is split up. My customer wants this to be corrected and I have no idea how.
Version: 3.4.2
Build: M20090211-1700
Thanks for your time,
Shadraq
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Can you upgrade your BIRT version? I believe 3.4.2 Eclipse has BIRT 2.3.2. If I remember right, the "Avoid page break inside" functionality wasn't available until BIRT 2.5. (2.4 was skipped, so 2.5 is the next version up)
TheShadraq
Mike,
Thanks for the suggestion. I must admin though, I haven't done that yet and am not entirely sure on how to do that. Is there a "How To" or something? Trusted sites to install the update? etc.
Thanks
mwilliams
You can download a newer version of BIRT at eclipse.org/birt. Without upgrading your best bet is probably to track the number of lines per page and manually page break if the next table has too many rows to fit on the remainder of the current page.
If you download a newer version of BIRT, you'll want to download the new all in one, copy your workspace so that you don't mess up your current one and test the reports you have in the new version to be sure they work correctly.
TheShadraq
Thank you.
TheShadraq
Mike, Upgrade complete to:<br />
<br />
Version: 3.7.2<br />
Build id: 20120216-1857<br />
<br />
I do see the <strong class='bbc'>Page Break --> Inside: Avoid</strong>. Below is a view of my report design. I have <em class='bbc'>Avoid</em> set at both the yellow highlighted area as well as the Grid/Table level. Ideas?<br />
<br />
mwilliams
It's still not working for you? The data from those individual rows split across pages still? Or are you not wanting it to split between these two rows? Let me know. If you could reproduce the error in a way that I can run it, that'd be great!
TheShadraq
Mike,
I had to revert back to my old version of BIRT due to Maximo 7118 limitations. I will save this thread until after our upgrade to 7.5 next month and revisit it with a solution if I get it working.
I appreciate your help, even if I did have to revert.
Thanks again,
Shadraq
mwilliams
Keep me updated. We should be able to find a way to get what you're wanting. When you revisit this, if you can create this issue in a version I can run, I can be a lot more helpful!