Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
IRunAndRenderTask task is null
rohitmali
Hi,<br />
<br />
I was using Birt3.7.1 in eclipse and I have just updated it to Birt3.7.2. <br />
But now when I tried to execute the reports, it is giving NULL value for <strong class='bbc'>IRunAndRenderTask task</strong>.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Rohit
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rohitmali
It is giving an exception like<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file file:/C:/Providentia_DEV_Workspace/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.wst.server.core/tmp0/wtpwebapps/providentia/PdaReports/reports/teamDetailsReport.rptdesign has error and can not be run.
</pre>
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Caused by: Error.DesignFileException.INVALID_XML - 1 errors found!
1.) ( line = 0, tag = null) org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException (code = Error.DesignParserException.UNSUPPORTED_VERSION, message : The report file of version "3.2.23" is invalid for it is greater than the latest supported one.)
</pre>
CBR
I think that issue is saying that you try to execute a report that was designed in BIRT 3.7.2 using the report engine API of BIRT 3.7.1
kingsolmn
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'cbrell'" data-cid="97008" data-time="1330522204" data-date="29 February 2012 - 06:30 AM"><p>
I think that issue is saying that you try to execute a report that was designed in BIRT 3.7.2 using the report engine API of BIRT 3.7.1<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
That makes sense, but I am running into the same issue (a bit different source, I get an "invalid design file:/C:/path_to_file"; the error is a DesignFileException.INVALID_XML") although I have built the report with the same version of the BIRT REAPI as I am running (3.7.2). Any idea as to a way to get the builder to rebuild the report? or what the current supported version is, and maybe manually change it?<br />
<br />
EDIT: Found this: <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://stackoverflow.com/a/11034963/549510'>http://stackoverflow.com/a/11034963/549510</a>
; where the issue has been seen before. And that did the trick!