Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Flat File DataSouce connection issue
MarkW
I am using a flat file data source and having issues connecting to it when run report.<br />
The flat file path is on the same server as report is being run on. Any idea what could be wrong or what I am missing.<br />
<br />
<span class='bbc_underline'><strong class='bbc'>Error</strong></span><br />
Feb 29, 2012 8:06:36 AM org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ConnectionManager openConnection<br />
SEVERE: Unable to open connection.<br />
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException: Cannot open flat file database under directory: null<br />
<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'><span class='bbc_underline'>XML Part</span></strong><br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
<oda-data-source extensionID="org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.flatfile" name="TrunkConfig" id="622">
<property name="URI">file:/LOG/home/PNM/storage/ATT_equip.csv</property>
<property name="DELIMTYPE">COMMA</property>
<property name="CHARSET">UTF-8</property>
<property name="INCLCOLUMNNAME">YES</property>
<property name="INCLTYPELINE">NO</property>
<property name="TRAILNULLCOLS">NO</property>
</oda-data-source>
</pre>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Are you having this issue from the designer or deployed?
MarkW
This happens when deployed.
mwilliams
If "LOG/home/PNM/storage/ATT_equip.csv" is the correct path to your file from your resource folder in your deployment, just remove the "file:/" portion. That should do it, I would think.