Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report Saving Issues
TheShadraq
So I just installed a new version of BIRT for Eclipse<br />
<br />
Version: Indigo Service Release 2<br />
Build id: 20120216-1857<br />
Eclipse BIRT Project: 3.7.2<br />
<br />
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
The second image is from your Windows search? Also, the images above don't show a 3 hour difference. Was that supposed to be shown here? Or did that correct itself? Are you using BIRT with Maximo or something?
What version of BIRT were you using before? You didn't see this with the previous version? Or had never checked? Let me know.
TheShadraq
Mike,<br />
<br />
The second image is from my windows search, yes. The 3-hour difference isn't listed as a picture. What happened was:<br />
1. Save<br />
2. See image #1<br />
3. Check <strong class='bbc'>Path </strong>in my PC to verify save<br />
4. Realize that PC Path "Last Modified" was 3 hours prior to what BIRT was telling me. Prompting me to:<br />
5. Do a system-wide search of my PC for this file to see where it is actually being saved to<br />
6. Pic #2<br />
<br />
I hope that helps.<br />
<br />
Prior Version is below and no, I was not experiencing this prior.<br />
Version: 3.4.2<br />
Build: M20090211-1700
mwilliams
Do you always have your workspace inside your "program files"? That causes issues for me.
TheShadraq
Mike, that's a good idea. I did not have that in my last install. I copied my BIRT directory from c\program files and put that copy in c:
I loaded the newly created file system, switched workspaces to the new area. I my workspace shows as blank. So it appears that my workspace isn't loading correctly.
Before I can test the issue that started this whole thing, I need to get my workspace showing. I have no doubt this is a "me" issue. Ideas?
Thanks,
Shadraq
mwilliams
I also was not able to move my workspace from inside program files out to the C: drive. You may need to open your BIRT version that is in the program files and copy the files while you're in there and paste them into your new version's workspace.
TheShadraq
Mike,
I got it to work. Steps:
1. Ensure new BIRT is closed
2. From new BIRT, delete workspace from inside the computer file structure eg(C:\BIRT\Workspace)
3. Open new BIRT eclipse.exe
4. Import workspace into new BIRT from old install of BIRT
I then tested the issue described at the beginning of this thread and all was okay. I appreciate your help as I don't believe I would have ever came up with moving the install from Program Files.
Thanks again,
Shadraq
mwilliams
You're very welcome! Thanks for the update!