Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter based on a Data set
c3dric
I have a parameter of type List Box. I set the selection list values to dynamic and choose a data set.
My problem is that my data set contains an SQL query with a parameter too.
Is there a way to execute this data set before displaying the list of the parameters of the report because one parameter is filled dynamically and need also a parameter?
Of course, if I specify a default value for the data set query which fills my parameter of type list, it works. But I need to choose the parameter value myself.
Thanks for your help
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
You might be lucky using a Cascading Report parameter. See:
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/examples/reports/2.1/cascade/cascade.html
for a tutorial (it is quite old but still works with current versions)
c3dric
Thank you. I will work on that next week and will post a feedback at this moment.