Hi All,
I am very new to BIRT and not sure if there is any other specific thread, I should be posting this issue to but could not really find much details on this seemingly simple error scenario. Here is my problem -
I am using BIRT Report Designer on Eclipse to create a CrossTab Report. My Data Cube has following basic dimensions & metrics:
Dim#1: Gender
Dim#2: Reservation Date (Grouped to Quarter, Month)
Metric#: CountDistinct CustomerID
Now when I run the CrossTab Report, I get totally different (greater) counts that what actually exists in the database. Few interesting findings I got while toying around are -
- If I switch the Metric to use COUNT only instead of COUNTDISTINCT, it works fine
- If I remove the Date Dimension completely and use only gender, COUNTDISTINCT works fine
- If I use regular group for Date Dimension (instead of Date group), COUNTDISTINCT is still incorrect (shows greater than that for Date Group by Quarter. Sample data I am using has 1656 distinct customer. With Date Grouping, COUNTDISTINCT shows 3813 and with Regular Group for Date, it shows 4291)
Not sure if this is some bug or m I just missing something simple out here? Please help

sam