I designed a BIRT Report using the designer. The report is a simple table where each row has an embedded table.
This embedded table is a chart. I am finding that the SQL dataset query used for the chart is being run each time for each row. Why is this? How do I stop this. I have seen the same thing with scripted sources by viewing the httpd access_log and seeing the same scripted source being called over and over again.
To go along with this issue, I have noticed that the tomcat resident memory keeps going up for every report call and not releasing memory. This appears to be a memory leak. For this particular report, I am not using any javascript. So there would not be any loose objects not properly cleaned up.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.22" id="1">
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 3.7.1.v20110905 Build <3.7.1.v20110913-1734></property>