Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
creating comples pivot table with cross Tabs
marinTz
Hi
i need to create this table in birt.
the date should by dimanic.
i am trying to use cross tabs but it doesnt give me the wanted functionality.
student name| mathematics | science
01/01/2010|02/01/2010|03/01/2010| 01/01/2010|02/01/2010|03/01/2010|
stud1 82 83 84 52 52 53
stude2 52 52 98 65 67 52
the values of the months should be hiden , just the deviation of the grades should exist.
my data set is:
date | student | mathemathics| science
can you please help me to understans how it can be implemented?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version?
marinTz
my version is 3.7
mwilliams
I use a scripted dataSet in this example, so it's probably not exactly like yours, but it has the same concept. Since scripted dataSets don't have "computed columns", I just added extra columns to my scripted dataSet, which is the same thing. I added a column called Field1 with the value "math" and one called Field2 with the value "science". I then joined this dataSet with itself on these two columns to duplicate the dataSet. Now, I use computed columns within my joint dataSet to give me columns like:
Date | Student | Section | Score
Date is the date, obviously. Student is still the student name. But now instead of a column for math and one for science, I have "Section" which is either "math" or "science" and score is the score for the student in the given subject for the given date. Now, the student column can be used as the row dimension. Section and Date can be column dimensions, in that order. And score is now the only measure. This now looks like what you're wanting. I deleted the actual date element, since you don't want to show it.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.
marinTz
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="97348" data-time="1331067921" data-date="06 March 2012 - 02:05 PM"><p>
I use a scripted dataSet in this example, so it's probably not exactly like yours, but it has the same concept. Since scripted dataSets don't have "computed columns", I just added extra columns to my scripted dataSet, which is the same thing. I added a column called Field1 with the value "math" and one called Field2 with the value "science". I then joined this dataSet with itself on these two columns to duplicate the dataSet. Now, I use computed columns within my joint dataSet to give me columns like:<br />
<br />
Date | Student | Section | Score<br />
<br />
Date is the date, obviously. Student is still the student name. But now instead of a column for math and one for science, I have "Section" which is either "math" or "science" and score is the score for the student in the given subject for the given date. Now, the student column can be used as the row dimension. Section and Date can be column dimensions, in that order. And score is now the only measure. This now looks like what you're wanting. I deleted the actual date element, since you don't want to show it.<br />
<br />
Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.<br /></p></blockquote>
thanks , it is very helpfull
marinTz
thanks
it is very help full
mwilliams
You're welcome!